Saturday, June 27, 2015

My Best 12 Droolworthy Food Photographs

I love food.
Through and through. I am a self-proclaimed foodie and have no regrets on the "foodie" tag whatsoever. I love nibbling, biting, tasting, eating, chomping, slurping, munching, gulping down food. And living in Mumbai has pampered me silly with yummy food I cannot resist. So much so, I dream of good food and make goals to complete my foodie experience - from the raste ka vada pav to the hor d'oeuvress at a fine dining restaurant. And looking at good food can make me go weak in the knees. Literally. So here is my visual treat - The 12 droolworthy food photographs from my Instagram feed, so far:


A photo posted by Gauri (@missalpao) on
Why keep desserts for last? Let's begin on a sweet note (I sense those with a sweet-tooth nod in agreement). Chocolate Mud Pie that I savoured at Sbarro - A fast-food restaurant at their flagship restaurant in Chembur.


A photo posted by Gauri (@missalpao) on
"Who says 'NO' to chocolate must be crazy" I said when I dug into this wonderfully chunky treat at Beanspork, Vashi.


A photo posted by Gauri (@missalpao) on
A cold day called for some freshly baked hot Chicken pizza from Joey's Pizza, Koperkhairane. Care a slice?


We mangloreans love our jackfruit and the leaves too. To the uninitiated, 'Khotto' may simply seem like idli batter encased in jackfruit leaves, but the flavour the leaves impart into the idli is absolutely wonderful.


Goli Bajo. My all time favourite snack. A small story behind this snap. The batter for the 'bajo' (fritters) came all the way from a Hotel in Bailur, a small town in Karnataka. My ma-in-law fried these in hot oil and they came out perfect - firm on the outside, soft and tad bit sweet in the inside - just the way I ate them the first time.


Got some buns? Manglorean Buns are simply deep fried dough. The dough is made with refined flour, curd, sugar, bananas and a pinch of soda-bi-carb. A very very well kneaded and well rested dough makes for a delicious, puffy batch of buns. Buns go well with staple tea or coffee.

A true fish lover is bound to drool at this. Red hot spicy Malvani spicy fish curry is bound to leave you sweating thanks to the red chillies packing the punch in the curry, yet yearning for more.



One of the jaunts that I chanced upon when in Churchgate and devoured the Chilli Cheese Fries at 'The J' Must for a cheat-day.


A chutney connoisseur that I am, I prefer it over the watery sambhar that is made.(Yes, true to my South Indian roots). Though, I love the idli-wala uncle's ground dal based chutney over my mom's coconut and spices only chutney. (Shhh.... don't tell her that, idlis made by her always rock!)

For living in Bombay (Yes I call it that to sound more profound) you cannot, I repeat CANNOT go a week without chaat. I had this sev puri at a local shop at Goregaon. Every chaat guy has his signature style of presenting and plating chaat, and this guy always sprinkled seasoned nuts over all chaats he made.


Iconic as it is, a trip to City Bakery is a must when I'm visiting the Siddhivinayak Temple. It has been as much as a ritual as is smearing the vermilion teeka on my forehead after offering prayers. What I try loooove about this bakery is the fresh bakes they churn out day in and day out plus the affordable rates of their wares. When you're here you must also try the chocolate chip cake- it is out of this world.

When the rain Gods were overbearing outside, I was curled up in my cosy office devouring this succulently coated chindian cuisine. I'm not a purist when it comes to Chinese, so love all my "schezwans", "chopsueys" and "manchows". I had this Chicken Hunan Dry from a local restaurant called Manthan in Goregaon west. Thank you Rain Gods.



So this is my visual treat to you. What do you think? Lemme know your thoughts and experiences in the comments section of this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, Is your glass half empty or half full? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis